Become a Certified “Fun Scent Games” Instructor! Start Today and Earn Your DN-FSG1
The DogNostics Fun Scent Games - Level One Instructor Program has been awarded CEUs: PPAB 4, IAABC 2, CPDT 3.
This is fabulous Certification Program that provides you with the tools, skills and knowledge to run Fun Scent Games classes. You will learn all about canine olfaction and scent games, along with the what, how and why of operating a successful Fun Scent Games class. Offering "Fun Scent Games" group classes, private classes or workshops will broaden your service offerings as well as helping to build client loyalty and supporting the needs of your pet owning community.
have an amazing natural scenting ability. Dogs participating in your Fun Scent Games classes will have fun, build confidence and burn lots of mental
and physical energy!
Level One Fun Scent Games Instructor Program Learning Objectives:
- Canine Olfaction history and scientific facts
- The training environment, philosophy and methodology
- Effects of air current
- Scent contamination
- Detection thresholds
- Olfaction streamlines
- Scent discrimination
- Canine scent capability
- Target odors and individual scents
- Scent amounts & fringing
- Appropriate training equipment & handling
- How to play, building criteria and areas of reinforcement
- Reading dogs during the "find"
- Recommended course curriculum
Upon Successful Completion, You Will Receive:
- A DogNostics Instructor Certificate DN-FSG1
- A Certification Badge to display on your website
- A listing on the DogNostics Fun Scent Game Instructor Registry
- A PDF copy of the Course Curriculum
- A student Certificate for you to co-brand to provide to your “Fun Scent Games” students
- Advertising copy describing the program for your website
- Artwork for a promotional 8.5 x 11 flyer
- Access to the DogNostics Student Common Room - A Closed Facebook Group where DogNostics students can network with each other, exchange ideas and ask questions
- Mentoring Support through the DogNostics Faculty Members
The Total Program Cost is ONLY $130.00. You will see a full return on your investment after one group class!
- Level 1 will be a prerequisite for Level 2 and you do not need to enroll in more advanced levels.
- Each applicant has 12 months to complete each program.
- Study at home in your own time!
PreviewCanine Olfaction - The Fun Facts & Benefits - Lesson 1. Introduction (2:25)
StartLesson 2 - The Nose Knows: Olfaction (9:31)
StartLesson 3 - Fact or Myth? More Research is Needed (5:27)
StartLesson 4 - Inspiration & Expiration (11:14)
StartLesson 5 - Olfaction Fun Facts (2:51)
StartLesson 6 - The Benefits of Fun Scent Games (6:36)
StartBox Work - Lesson 1. Introduction (4:17)
StartLesson 2 - Class Format & Tips for Getting Started (14:42)
StartLesson 3 - Equipment & Handling (7:28)
StartLesson 4 - How to Play Fun Scent Games (33:27)
StartLesson 5 - How to Recognize When a Dog is in Odor (6:05)
StartLesson 6 - Recommended Course Curriculum (14:15)
PreviewLesson 7 - FSG Certification (3:11)
Louise Stapleton-Frappell - B.A. Hons. PCBC-A. PCT-A. CAP3. CTDI. CWRI. DN-FSG2. DN-CPCT2. FFCP.
Professional Canine Behavior Consultant and Trainer – Accredited by the Pet Professional Accreditation Board
Co-Partner and Faculty Member of DogNostics Career Center and Board Member of The Pet Professional Guild.
Louise’s experience, her background as a teacher and her impressive pet industry credentials means she is uniquely qualified to share her skills and knowledge with both the public and pet industry professionals. The creator of the DogNostics’ Dog Trainer Certification Program, Louise has presented at conferences internationally and has gained a reputation for expertly teaching and training humans and canines at her own establishment, The DogSmith of Estepona, in Southern Spain. Louise has published numerous articles on dog training and dog behavior and is also the published co-author of the following titles, A Lexicon of Practical Terms for Pet Trainers and Behavior Consultants and Pet Training and Behavior Consulting: A Model for Raising the Bar to Protect Professionals, Pets and Their People.