Pet Training and Behavior Consulting: A Model for Raising the Bar to Protect Professionals, Pets and Their People
The need for a level and model of oversight in the fields of pet training and behavior consulting
In this book, the authors present their views on the need for a level and model of oversight in the fields of pet training and behavior consulting and for those choosing to practice within them. They discuss the prevalence of individuals who hold no credentials, formal education, knowledge or skills, yet who are today working across the nation with full responsibility for the well-being and welfare of their unknowing clients’ treasured pets. Want a copy in print then you can Order from Amazon here.
The book also highlights the lack of consumer protection and transparency across the marketing and operations platforms of many pet-related businesses, as well as the inherent weakness in how pets are legally classified, and how the current lack of reported and enforced animal cruelty laws means there is insufficient protection when it comes to holding pet professionals accountable for their methods, approach and philosophies toward their craft and the pets they serve. Want access now?
This book is dedicated to the millions of pets who share our lives, our homes and our love – You deserve better!
This book is written by Niki Tudge MBA PCBC-A CDBC CDT , Susan Nilson BA (Hons) DipCABT PCBC-A, Debra Millikan PCBC-A AABP-CABT CAP2 and Louise Stapleton-Frappell BA (Hons) PCT- A PCBC-A CAP3 CTDI DN-FSG DN-CPCT CWRI
Included in The Book -
- Appendix A: The Recommended Best Practice Model for Pet Training and Behavior Consulting Professionals
- Appendix B: The Recommended Model for the Assessment of a Professional’s Knowledge and Skill
- Appendix C: The Recommended Career Stage Mentoring Model
- Appendix D: The Recommended Consumer Acknowledgement Form for Transparency in Dog Training/Behavior Consulting Services
- Appendix E: The Recommended Case Study Template for Behavior Consultants
- Appendix F: The Recommended Corporation Professional Code of Conduct and Ethics Pledge
- Appendix G: The Recommended Policy for Registration Renewal via Continuing Education
This book is also supported by an independent website https://petindustryregulation.com/.