Mastering 'Leave It' - A 10-Step Training Plan!
StartWatch the Whole Section (54:52)
StartIntroduction to the Individual Lessons (1:30)
StartTraining Step 1 - Present Food in a Container (27:33)
StartTraining Step 2 - Present Food at Nose Height (3:37)
StartTraining Step 3 - Increase the Duration of 'Self-Control' (3:18)
StartTraining Step 4 - Present Food on the Floor (6:23)
StartTraining Step 5 - Present Food on a Mat (13:05)
Take This Program & Setup Your Own Group or Individual Service Using the 10 Steps As Your Curriculum
Unlock the potential of your dog's skills and cooperation with Louise Stapleton-Frappell in our three-part course, Mastering 'Leave It'!
Discover the secrets behind teaching your dog to leave food, objects, people, and even other dogs alone, ensuring a harmonious and safe environment for both you and your furry companion.
Acquire the knowledge and skills to foster a safer and happier environment for your canine companion while strengthening the harmonious bond you both share.
Join us on this educational journey to mastering 'leave it'—your dog will thank you, and you'll enjoy a more enriched relationship filled with nice manners and cooperation.
Enroll today and embark on the path to a happier dog and a well-trained cue!
THE COURSE HIGHLIGHTS
🐾 Part 1: The Power of 'Leave It'.
- Understand the opposing views and debates surrounding this essential skill.
- Explore the reasons why teaching the 'leave it' cue could be vital for your dog's well-being.
- Understand the many applications of this cue in everyday life.
- Understand the importance of a clearly defined cue.
- Learn the precise goal behavior for 'leave it', leaving no room for confusion!
- Prepare for the 10-Step Training Plan by learning how to use respondent conditioning to elicit a positive emotional response to the verbal cue.
🐾 Part 2: Recipe for Success.
- Dive into DogNostics’ 10-step training ‘recipe’ that provides the essential ingredients for a happy, quick, and willing response from your canine companion.
- Via clear explanations and lots of video demonstrations, you will gain a clear understanding of how to teach Steps 1-5 of the 10-Step Training Plan.
- Understand how to adapt the criteria, when needed.
- Learn alternative ways to not only teach the training steps positively, but also to proof them.
🐾 Part 3: More Training Games for Success.
- Dive into engaging training games that cover training Steps 6 to 10!
- Discover the "Train-Test-Train" method for impeccable results.
- Learn how to tailor the 10-step training plan to your dog's unique needs.
- Learn how to effortlessly generalize the skill.
- Understand how to use respondent conditioning to ensure that the verbal cue elicits a happy response!
- Master the art of proofing your dog's response through enjoyable activities.
Embrace the complete Mp4 experience by listening to each of the above sections
in one seamless session or journey through
our convenient bite-sized lessons!
WHAT YOU'LL GAIN!
📹 Abundant video footage to guide you through each training step.
🐾 A total of 22 training 'games' to set you and your canine companion on the road to success!
📋 Expert guidance to navigate unexpected challenges with ease
📥 Accessible files and handouts for you to download!
The program is easy to follow for pet guardians, and perfect for pet care professionals and trainers!
VIEW THE FULL CURRICULUM WITH PREVIEWS OF EACH SECTION ABOVE
Frequently Asked Questions
Louise Stapleton-Frappell - B.A. Hons. PCBC-A. PCT-A. CAP3. CTDI. CWRI. DN-FSG2. DN-CPCT2. FFCP.
Professional Canine Behavior Consultant and Trainer – Accredited by the Pet Professional Accreditation Board
Co-Partner and Faculty Member of DogNostics Career Center and Board Member of The Pet Professional Guild.
Louise’s experience, her background as a teacher and her impressive pet industry credentials means she is uniquely qualified to share her skills and knowledge with both the public and pet industry professionals. The creator of the DogNostics’ Dog Trainer Certification Program, Louise has presented at conferences internationally and has gained a reputation for expertly teaching and training humans and canines at her own establishment, The DogSmith of Estepona, in Southern Spain. Louise has published numerous articles on dog training and dog behavior and is also the published co-author of the following titles, A Lexicon of Practical Terms for Pet Trainers and Behavior Consultants and Pet Training and Behavior Consulting: A Model for Raising the Bar to Protect Professionals, Pets and Their People.