Your Professional Pet Care Certification Program
The What, Why, When and How of Delivering Professional Pet Care Services
Your Professional Pet Care Certification
Earn Your DN-PPCC
Presented by: Niki Tudge, Lousie Stapleton-Frappell, Paula Garber & Rebekah King.
We recognize that, as a business owner, to expand and grow your business you need to develop new skills and knowledge and recruit, train and manage high-quality employees.
Investing in your business and your employees' education is a wise decision.
Employing Certified Pet Care Professionals will make your company stand out as a more attractive service provider to discerning pet owners. And Certified Pet Care Professionals will find seeking out employment at top-notch facilities more attainable.
Choose an affordable program that will help expand your knowledge and training skills. You can develop your own knowledge or that of your employees! This will enable you to expand your service offerings, strengthen your client loyalty and generate more income. More importantly, it will help ensure the safety and comfort of all your four-legged charges.
Register for this online program and get full lifetime access.
- Introduction with Niki Tudge. How the program works and what you will learn!
- How Pets Learn with Louise Stapleton-Frappell. Understand how pets learn in the context of your role!
- Pet Tools, Equipment, Toys and Supplies with Louise Stapleton-Frappell and Paula Garber. This is two individual modules. The what and why and when of pet care SWAG!
- Pet Behavior and Social Communication with Niki Tudge and Paula Garber. This is two individual modules. Understand and communicate effectively with those you care for!
- Anatomy and Physiology with Niki Tudge and Rebekah King. Know and understand those for who you are responsible!
- Health and Handling with Rebekah King. Learn how to practice safe handling and monitor and observe the health of those in your care!
- Pet First Aid and Emergency Protocols with Rebekah King. Act competently in the face of an emergency! This module is also an independent certification as a Pet First Aid Responder
- Pet Enrichment with Niki Tudge, Louise Stapleton-Frappell and Paula Garber. Keeping pets’ lives fun and interesting!
- Business Best Practices with Niki Tudge. Learn the best pet care protocols and procedures to support your knowledge and skills!
Complete the final certification online open-book test with a score greater than 85 percent.
- Dress a dog in a harness or lure a cat into a cat carrier and close the door. The pet should display body language signals that indicate a safe and secure feeling—a happy emotional response!
- Conduct a consent test. Your video clip should include narration on the process and result.
- Provide mental and physical enrichment for a pet via an interactive feeding or puzzle toy. The toy may be shop-bought or homemade.
StartLesson 1 - Introduction: What You Will Learn! (6:31)
StartLesson 2 - Dominance Theory Debunked (6:04)
StartLesson 3 - What is Learning & Behavior? (4:09)
StartLesson 4 - Non-Associative Learning: Understanding Habituation & Sensitization (10:43)
StartLesson 5 - Associative Learning: An Overview of Operant & Respondent Conditioning (25:31)
StartLesson 6 - How to Promote Well-Being by Empowering the Pets in Your Care (20:04)
StartLesson 7 - Safe Handling Skills via Positive Associations & Procedures (18:42)
StartYour Self-Assessment Quiz
StartIntroduction - What You Will Learn! (2:37)
StartLesson 2 - Canine Communication: A Quick Reminder! (7:44)
StartLesson 3 - Collars: The Good, Bad, & Ugly! (23:50)
StartLesson 4 - Harnesses: Some are More Appropriate than Others! (7:13)
StartLesson 5 - Head Halters: Come with a Warning (3:14)
StartLesson 6 - Leashes & Vehicle Restraint: Keeping Pets Safe (21:09)
StartLesson 7 - Treats & Treat Bags (4:59)
StartLesson 8 - Equipment for Management & Behavior Change (17:08)
StartLesson 9 - Toys, Toys, Toys! (18:55)
StartLesson 10 - Interactive Feeding Toys, Puzzles, & Chews (11:55)
StartLesson 11 - Clickers & Target Sticks: They are not just for trainers! (4:55)
StartLesson 12 - Crates, Gates, & Room Dividers! (4:17)
StartLesson 13 - House Training Equipment (10:17)
StartLesson 14 - Retail Sales: Helping Your Clients, Their Pets, & Your Business! (1:28)
StartYour Self-Assessment Quiz
Niki Tudge - M.B.A, PCBC-A, CABC, CDBC SSA-CFT, Six Sigma Black Belt, HCITB TS1, TS2 & TS3 Certified People Trainer, Certified Facilitator and Business Project Manager.
As the founder and President of The Pet Professional Guild, DogNostics Career Center and The DogSmith, Niki has substantial leadership experience in the pet industry. Niki has published numerous articles on dog training and dog behavior and her pet dog training businesses have been featured in many publications including The New York Times. Niki’s professional credentials include; AABP-Professional Dog Trainer, AABP-Professional Dog Behavior Consultant, PCBC-A and PCT-A through the Pet Professional Accrediting Board and she has earned diplomas in Animal Behavior Technology and Canine Behavior Science & Technology through the Companion Animal Science Institute. Along with Niki’s business degree and MBA from Oxford Brookes University she is also a certified Six Sigma Black Belt, a HCITB TS1, TS2 & TS3 certified people trainer and a certified Facilitator and Project Manager.
Louise Stapleton-Frappell - B.A. Hons, PCT- A, PCBC-A, CAP3, CTDI, DN-FSG2, DN-CPCT, CWRI
Louise is a Partner and Faculty Member of DogNostics Career Center and Board Member of The Pet Professional Guild. Louise has constantly built on her knowledge and furthered her education in the field of force-free, rewards based, science-based pet training. The creator of the DogNostics’ Dog Trainer Certification Program, Louise has presented at conferences internationally and has gained a reputation for expertly teaching and training humans and canines at her own establishment, The DogSmith of Estepona, in Southern Spain, where she offers a wide range of both group and private classes and pet dog services.
Paula Garber - MA Ed, DipFBST, CATEP, CFTBS
Paula Garber is a cat behavior professional and owner of LIFELINE Cat Behavior Solutions in Westchester County, New York. She holds a master’s in education from the University of Colorado at Boulder and a diploma in feline behavior science and technology from the Companion Animal Sciences Institute. She is also a certified animal training and enrichment professional and certified feline training and behavior Specialist through the Animal Behavior Institute, a Fear Free certified animal trainer, and is certified in Low-Stress Handling for Dogs and Cats. Paula is the Editor for BARKS from the Guild and serves on PPG’s Steering Committee, and she recently joined the faculty of DogNostics Career Center.
Rebekah King – MBA. BSc. PCT-A, DN-FSG1, DS-CDT
Rebekah’s childhood aspirations to work with animals led to her earning a degree in Animal Science while working full-time for a vet and graduating with a Master of Business Administration from West Texas A&M University! Rebekah then rounded out her experience by teaching school for a year gaining another invaluable skill. Most recently Rebekah was the Manager for a high-end Pet Resort & Spa in Oxford MS and continues to operate her own Dog Training and Pet Care business in Texas.. Rebekah’s current business roles are as the Vice -President for Doggone Safe, the Membership Manager at The Pet Professional Guild and the Student Coordinator and a faculty member here at DogNostics Career Center.