We would like to extend a personal welcome to you as you begin your DogNostics Journeyman Course!
Before you get started please read these notes, as they will help you progress through the course and will help us to help you have the best possible student experience.
If in doubt, please do not hesitate to contact us. We are here to help and support you.
The DN-DTC Program is Comprised of Three Levels
The program theory and skills are covered in individual modules in each of the three Dog Training courses - Apprentice, Journeyman, and Master.
- Each course consists of six modules that include the main lessons for that module, e-learning videos, and an assortment of fun homework assignments that allow you to practice your skills and test the knowledge you have gained.
- Each module builds on the knowledge and skills gained in the previous modules and each course builds on the knowledge and skills from the previous course.
- In this course, we will cover all of the modules from the DogNostics Journeyman Level Course
The Journeyman Course Modules:
Please complete your Journeyman Course Modules in the correct order.
The individual modules and the homework assignments will help prepare you for the next section.
- Journeyman Modules 1- 5
Please complete the online test and homework assignments after each individual module before progressing to the next module.
The Module Lessons:
Each module is comprised of a number of lessons. It is important that you complete a lesson in its entirety before proceeding to the next lesson.
The Module Quiz:
Each module is followed by a short open-book quiz. This online test is part of the learning process. If you do not get it correct the first time, you can log back in and have another attempt. The required score is 85%. This gives you the chance to see what you have learned and what you may want to spend some more time on. When you take the quiz we automatically receive a copy of the grade, so there is no need to let us know.
Video Submission Specifications:
General specifications apply to all skill videos submitted for all modules
Please ensure the following general guidelines are met:
- All videos must be submitted via the video submission form included at the end of each module.
- Each video must be uploaded to YouTube or Vimeo as unlisted.
- Each video must be of the duration specified in the video skill assessment instructions contained at the end of each module plus 1 extra minute if required for any discussion requested
- You must clearly label your video with the module name and number, your name, and the dog's name. E.g. Journeyman Module One. Louise Stapleton-Frappell and Jambo.
- You will be penalized for going over the recommended time
- Please include a brief verbal or caption explanation of what you intend to teach/demonstrate. E.g., I am going to demonstrate how to train a “Sit” using a lure or E.g. A caption tile before the film clip begins with “Sit – using lure” written on it.
- Evidence of training methods presented in each video must comply with the Pet Professional Guilds Guiding Principles and operating policies. Click here to review them if necessary.
- All training methods used must be force-free.
- All pet care handling methods must be force-free
Force-free is defined as:
- No shock, no pain, no choke, no fear, no physical force, no compulsion-based methods are employed to train or care for a pet.
- 100% compliance is expected.
- The candidate must be aware of behavioral signals being offered by the dog with whom you demonstrate
- You must make allowances for behavioral issues and demonstrate how to handle those issues should they occur
- This assessment will be considered not satisfactory if your training does not reflect appropriate action in the face of canine stress, discomfort, or confusion.
- You will be assessed on how you handle any untoward behavioral issue(s) that arise
- You will be assessed on your handling of the environment to enable optimal learning for the dog.
DogNostics Career Center provides you with access to some of the industry’s leading Webinars, Workshops, and Certification and Diploma Programs on a wide variety of topics critical to your development and your business success.
Our Goal at DogNostics is to enhance your learning, whatever your baseline. That means we adopt the performance, feedback revision philosophy. Rather than just doing tests. This system gives you an opportunity to learn more. So when we query your answers or make suggestions on how to improve your skills, please do not think it is designed to punish, judge, or test knowledge.
The queries come from a "let's review together" perspective; we learn side by side. It also helps us to review and revise our materials.
We will endeavor to get your feedback to you within three days of your homework submission but occasionally, due to the number of submissions for this and other DogNostics courses, there may be a slight delay.
If you have not received feedback within 72 hours, please email [email protected] so that she can update you. Please note there may be a longer delay if you submit your video Friday/Saturday/Sunday.
Please use the subject line: Your full name. Pending DTC Module name and number Feedback. e.g. Rebekah King. Pending DTC Journeyman One Feedback.
Your Journeyman Level Course has a supplementary module.
Module Six includes supportive documentation and suggested additional reading material.
Your Course Attendance Certificate:
To gain your Journeyman course attendance certificate, you will need to:
- Complete each of the lessons within the course modules
- Successfully complete all five module quizzes for the Journeyman Level.
- Submit your skill assessment videos.
The Dog Trainer Certificate Professional Qualification:
To earn your DN-DTC, you will need to have gained your Apprentice, Journeyman, and Master course attendance certificates. You will then complete a final *Dog Training Certificate open book/multiple-choice exam.
*This final open book test for those that have completed and passed the course requirements at Apprentice, Journeyman, and Master levels is a requirement for those who wish to earn the DogNostics Dog Training Certificate professional qualification.
We look forward to helping you achieve your goals. If you need any help with anything, please don't hesitate in reaching out to us.
Faculty & Student Services Rebekah King
Course instructor Louise Stapleton-Frappell